- Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS), are essential to increase road safety and make the European transportation ecosystem more efficient, sustainable and environment friendly. The C-ITS technology implementation is only possible through Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) wireless connectivity, which enables data communication amongst vehicles and between vehicles and Road Side Units (RSUs).
- The 3GPP standardization body has been working in providing improved V2X functionality in the 5G standard, enabling low latency (<1ms), high reliability and high data transfer rates (multi-Gbit/s). These 5G characteristics allow the deployment of advanced V2X services required for future autonomous driving.
- With this project, the companies of the 5G-AUTO consortium (ALTICE LABS, ALLBESMART, GLOBALVIA MRN) intend to exploit new business opportunities through research and development of innovative hardware and software solutions to support future C-ITS services on the 5G telecommunication infrastructure.
- 5G-AUTO is led by ALTICE LABS, S.A., a company that provides R&D services to the ALTICE group. The market for 5G V2X communications and service solutions has a tremendous business potential and presents a prime internationalization opportunity. This effort, however, requires an R&D effort in different technological domains (technology developers, software providers and road infrastructure operators), made possible by 5G-AUTO. The project results will be showcased on two separate demonstrators, in the city of Aveiro and at the A23-Beira Interior motorway.
- To know more please go to contacts